Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Mission: do what Brock says

Ok Eyes Like Static fans (both of you), I've got a mission for ya. You see, there's this AMP Band Brawl going on, and in this brawl several bands go head to head to win a chance to have their own music video recorded free of charge. One of the groups entered in this contest is Hey Mercedes. (They are in the link on your right, under the Wire) I want you to go to the Brawl site and vote for Mercedes so they can get a free music video. Hey Mercedes has never done a music video before, and I think if they got the chance, it'd be great. All of their Vargrant friends have music videos...Saves the Day, Reggie and the Full Effect, the Get Up Kids, Face to Face...let's let Bob Nanna and his crew to take a crack at it.

In other news, looks like Gabe and I are going tour crazy over the Radiohead news. Hopefully, we'll both get a chance to see them in California, and maybe Gabe will get to see them in his home state of Colorado. It also seems that The Casket Lottery is going to be playing in California in July, so it's a given that we'll be going there as well. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be missing the Reggie and the Full Effect show here in Phoenix due to me being out of town. Oh well...between The Casket Lottery and Radiohead, I'm happy.

I can't wait to see the free shirt Gabe got from Nathan; it sounds like they had an awesome time in Chicago. I agree with the fact that Nathan is a great guitarist...I think that often goes unnoticed. Speaking of Rocky Votolato, I'm really into the song that Gabe stuck on that mix CD. I'll have to shell out some cash for some of Rocky's albums.

Well, that's all from me for today. Remember to vote in the band brawl kiddies!

-Brock

No comments: