Monday, March 01, 2004

Lord of the Oscars

Eleven out of eleven. I guess it was to be expected. The last hurrah. I think some of the categories they won in, though, were questionable. Like for Film Editing. I didn’t see City of God, but just the clips looked impressive for that category.

Overall it was the typical Oscars ceremony. No big surprises, no overly scandalous statements. I was pleased to see Sofia Coppola win for Best Original Screenplay. I think she was deserving of that. I hope that no wins for excellent movies such as Whale Rider and In America, take away from any recognition they deserve. It was funny to see “Mitch and Mickey” perform their song from A Mighty Wind. Hilarious.

Yeah, that Coachella ticket doesn’t have my name on it until Brock has my cash in his pocket!

No comments: