Monday, March 22, 2004

Sunshine

Osama was good, but as Gabe mentioned, rather stark. The film had its own wry sense of humor, which blended nicely with its detached narration, but it was ultimately fatalistic. I did enjoy it very much, but it was an eye-opener. If Afghanistan continues to put together films with this much effort then time could see them become a major player on the international film market.

I’m looking forward to Eternal Sunshine very much. I’m hearing plenty of good things about it: Carrey’s tormented performance, Winslet’s peppy characterization, Wood’s brilliantly understated acting, and Gondry’s sharp interpretation of Kaufman’s script. These are all things I’ve heard, but I’m hoping to confirm them when I see the film.

Glad you liked my bit on TM&A. Cope Park sounds great!!

No comments: