Wednesday, December 08, 2004

That's unpossible!

Chairs scraping, the hum of vending machines and the hollow din of a scant few people chattering to one another. I'm sitting here at a computer in the barren school lounge, typing this post, after having the most unexpected experience of the day.
Tonight I was supposed to take my English exam, but no more. Did the teacher get sick? Nope. Did the school have a fire? Ha! Nope. I got a good grade on my last research paper, that's what. I was completely astounded. That's not to say I typically do a poor job on my work, but I didn't expect to do a good enough job to be exempted from the final exam. That never happens. And in this semester, this semester of trial and temptation and stress and tribulation upon my wildest dreams, I utterly did not expect to get a good grade in English. A respectable grade? Sure. A passing grade? Well, even at my worst I'd hope to at least "pass". But hey, things turned out all right.
Now I'm here in the cavernous school lounge, unloading the adjectives I would have used on tonight's exam here on my blog.

2 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

Nice. I have never been exempted from an exam. To modify an Iron Mike quote: "Your style is impetuous. Your defense is impregnable, and you're just ferocious. You want their heart. You want to eat their children."

Also, "My power is discombobulatingly devastating. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

And finally, "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."

OK, that last one was pretty random.

Brock said...

Random, yes, but hey, that works. Interesting quotes.