Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Inspired by True Events



It’s been a while since I last posted. I feel like I’ve been gone for a long time. I feel like a recluse. I haven’t even shaved in over a week. I’m grizzly.

I’ve been super busy since my Grandmother passed away. I’ve been working on the baby’s room and then flew to Mississippi for the funeral the last weekend of January. Despite the air of sadness, we came back to the house after the funeral and had a good time. I hadn’t seen my cousins in over a decade. We released tension through knife and flame throwing. No exaggeration. The flame throwing involved some Bacardi 151. That should give you an idea of the atmosphere.

A few days after returning, it was back in the air for me to Salt Lake City. Rebekah, Sara, Joel and I went up for the weekend. Joel and I did some snowboarding at Brighton. It was the best snowboarding I’ve ever done. The trip was much needed for me.

Not this coming weekend, but next, I’ll be going back to Mississippi to drive back a U-Haul of stuff. Marco has generously offered to come along. We’ve both done it before. When I bought my Eclipse on eBay, it was located in Mississippi. Marco and I flew over and drove it back. I can tell you right now, it’s not that exciting of a drive.

I’m depressed I have to miss some filmmaking because of everything going on. But, with everything I’ve been experiencing, there may be some life-inspired scripts in the future.

3 comments:

Brock said...

I hope to see some life inspired screenplays from you!

Joshua Provost said...

So, was this supposed to be a surprise trip for Joel? I hope he was surprised, I think I let the cat out of the bag.

Gabe said...

It was a suprise and he was surprised.