Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Sick of Being Deep



Well, The Casket Lottery has, pretty much, finally made it official.

its been awhile. while some say, no news is good news, this might be quite the contrary. its been said, and pretty much determined that the casket lottery has "broken up". it may be true. we never really talked about it, but it seems like that is the current status. we all still get along swimmingly, but got sort of tired of the routine i guess. maybe we'll play again sometime, but that doesn't look like anything that will happen in the near future. we are still playing music in one form or the other. junior has been playing drums and rehearsing for a new appleseed cast recording. he's also teaching quite a few young drummers how to fall in love with music and not go to college. stacy is living the married life and currently making a video game with some friends. he's also playing music with me on some of my own songs that i'll be recording this summer. as well as said tracks, i'm also playing in a very loud band with sean ingram, of coalesce, sam hoskins, of the elevator division, and quite possibly another handsome dude, from another cool band, playing bass. more news on all of those projects as it comes.

I'm glad Nathan will be working on his own music. I'm going to go sulk now...and listen to some Casket Lottery.

2 comments:

Brock said...

Well, what can I say? This was pretty much expected for a while. If you listen to the lyrics and perceive the tones behind the Smoke and Mirrors EP correctly, you can pretty much see this break-up coming from a mile away.
I am glad that I got to see The Casket Lottery live more then once, and I am fortunate to have even heard of their music (thanks to Gabe), but I’m disappointed that it had to end.
I know this will probably sound a little melodramatic, but it truly does feel like the end of an era. I’m adrift musically; there is no visible anchor in sight. I’ll be looking for the next defining musical overtone to my life in the months to come.
Anyway, I’m glad to hear that he’ll be continuing to write and play music. Maybe all these detached frontmen like Nathan and Bob Nanna can start a new band together.

Gabe said...

As you know, I was feeling much like you. But Bright Eyes' Digital Ash in a Digital Urn has been spinning like mad in my players.