Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Attention Deficit


"I don't get it!"

The previews for the movie Stay Alive just utterly disturb me. No, not the imagery, but the marketing tactic. "Hey, dumb people, watch this movie. Here's what it's about. In case you didn't get it the first time, here it is again." How many times in the preview was it mentioned that if you die in the game, you die in real life? At least a couple.

Happy belated anniversary to this blog. Three years last month. I wanted to do a celebratory post with Brock, but time passes by like the wind. We've gone from two readers (ourselves), to something like, five to seven! Amazing. Maybe if we could have some consistent, engaging material... Hey, we don't have time for that.

3 comments:

Brock said...

Those previews have been bugging the crap out of me as well. I honestly don't think the general viewer is that moronic. You gotta give them enough credit to figure out the basic premise.

Yeah, we totally missed our 3 year mark. A shame. We're like a couple who sets up some great anniversary dinner at a fancy place...and then both of us forget about it and stay late at the office.

(For those at home, I just compared our blog to a romantic relationship. Isn't that hilarious?)




(Just in case you missed it, I just compared Gabe to my "blogpanion". Ahee hee)



(Didja catch it?)

Joshua Provost said...

Sadly, I didn't even "get" your post the first time around. :(

Anyway, I haven't seen these previews. It's the fallout of having Tivo. I actually miss commercials, some of them are entertaining. I'm always like, "Hey, what was that, it looked interesting..." but Angie won't watch 'em.

Either way, it sound like this is a film to skip, right?

Gabe said...

Oh man, Blogback Mountain. I'm glad it was with you, Brock. ;-)

Yeah, this movie is definitely marketed to the "not-so-bright" teenie bopper. That's the latest trend, PG-13 "horror" movies.