Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hail to the Hoff


When I saw Brock's post title, I thought he was going to write about the importance of make-up in a movie. Speaking of not posting in a while... Hello! Where have I been???

Philip Seymour Hoffman, greatest actor of our time? Quite possibly, and I've been a fan of his for a long time. Congratulations to him!

So, I actually watched the Oscars from beggining to end. I think I've only done that once before. That time being when I was in Hollywood, not too far from the Kodak Theatre. Jon Stewart received mixed reviews, but I thought he was great, and was probably the factor that kept me watching. The skits were well done too.

I have about five pages for a mocku-docu-mentary on a local, inspirational short film. Mocku, because part of it is made up, and Docu, because it centers around a real film. But if the filmmaker of this short is not down with it, it becomes all for fun. I plan on approaching him soon about it.

3 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

I was holding breath waiting for a mention of one of your favorite three-named actors and his Oscar.

Strangely, we are all obsessed with the film in question. Personally, I am excited about it. Don't even bother letting him know, just start following him around with a camera. It's more real that way. C'mon, what's better than moment he confronts us, and we tell him we're obsessed with you-know-what.

Brock said...

I thought John Stewart was great. It was cool that Hoff won. He definately might be the finest actor of our generation.
I also wouldn't have been disappointed if David Strathairn won.

Gabe said...

Josh, I like that idea. I'm going to finish writing this screenplay, which is mostly a guideline, since improvising will be highly encouraged. Then for the end, which will be unscripted, we'll track him down, and the actor. It's funny, because on the director's website, he says he loves provoking people with the camera. The tables will turn.