Friday, September 08, 2006

Can't sleep

...gonna blog.

I have some movies I want to review very soon (when the weekend is over). They include: The 5 Obstructions/Lawrence of Arabia/The Illusionist. I think you folks may be surprised with what my views are on these three films. Josh already reviewed The 5 O's quite nicely...but I wanted to review it again (cause this film is tremendous). I also wanted to chat about LOA because I had never seen it. And The Illusionist is new, so it's not like you're just getting a slew of DVD rentals here.

We build the tent set tomorrow for Wildlifeless. So much is going into this one scene. And it's only about a 3rd of the whole film. A ton of work went into the San Diego portion of the film, but it seems like this one portion of the story demands plenty of detail. Basically, there is a sequence in the film when Winston is inside a tent. There's a bunch of props involved, and once again we're using both the jib and the dolly. It's a very plush scene...mis en scene in this one set is crazy.

I'll be back over the weekend or early next week to chat about:
-The shoot
-The films
-What Flim Flam is.

2 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

Forget "The Subject" trying to kill you... "Wildlifeless" is trying to kill us all!!!

Brock said...

Wildlifeless...bahh.