Tuesday, June 12, 2007

SSC trip, Day 4

Looks can be deceiving. Yes, that is the first catch of the trip for me. But that hand is of the largest man in the world! And his hands are huge! Okay, that's my hand. Actually, I was quite surprised to catch anything at all. The Yampa river is running high and fast and I just stopped by for a quick fish. It was a nice surprise to hook one.

Today is cloudy and it rained in the morning. If it stays dry, we might take Zoe to a pond and try to get her a fish. We bought her a little fishing pole yesterday.

I plan to make a whole day of fishing on Thursday, possibley traveling North a little to the Delaney Buttes area. Tomorrow, we want to take Zoe for a pony ride.

2 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

I predict she refuses to fish on moral grounds, not wanting to contribute to the atrocities of mankinds overfishing, as dramatized in Happy Feet.

Gabe said...

Ha! Apparently, Happy Feet is nothing more than very amusing penguins to her. She was excited to fish. But, we didn't catch anything, so maybe that helped. She does always to ask to see the picture of the fish I caught, though.