Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rox and the Sox

The Red Sox are the new Yankees. In other words, the new team to hate. With their show-off batters and mouthy pitchers, they’ve eclipsed nasty New York. That’s what I’ve read anyway. I really don’t know. I haven’t watched nearly enough baseball to know. What I do know, is that the Red Sox are the much stronger team. This World Series will truly be David vs. Goliath. Will the Rockies keep their momentum and swing the proverbial sling-shot, striking the mighty Red Sox square in the temple? I hope so. (So far, no. It's wierd watching the World Series in mid-afternoon.)

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Come on. How about a little support?

Brock said...

I like the sox, but part of me agrees with those claims. How do you think the Yankees became bullies in the first place? I know the sox have a difficult past, but that's all out the window now. The attitude of the team and its fans has become very snotty. While I always enjoy the sox taking NY down a peg or two, I think I'd much rather see Colorado take them down a peg or two this time around.

Bottom line: I know nothing about sports.

Gabe said...

Jeremy, I'm a Colorado native. Sorry, all loyalty in sports is to Colorado for me.