Tuesday, March 11, 2003

The Jealous Sound-Mixing



Any normal band would have cracked under the pressure of tepid acoustics and bad sound mixing...but as Gabe aptly pointed out, The Fire Theft was no such group. I really liked hearing the songs they offered up on the internet, Sinatra, It's Over and Chain, but the new songs sounded really good too. I especially enjoyed the group's encore song, which was fast, catchy and very angry sounding. They put on a good show and it's clear that the SDRE fanbase is out in full force to support this new band. Most impressive though was that they that didn't suck...they could have pulled off a half-hearted effort and still touted around the Sunny Day history to reach their fame. They could have created a few good songs to back up a group of so-so other songs. But they didn't do anything of the kind, all of their songs rocked. They were everything I expected them to be, and more.

Maybe it's just me, but The Jealous Sound's lead singer looks kind of like a mock-up Billy Corgan...especially with the whole pale, bald headed thing he's got going on. A couple of their songs did sound all-right, I'll have to look into them one time. After I get off my Fire Theft bender.

No comments: