Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Carson weeping



The DInosaur Jr. song I suggested was the one where J. Mascis sings, "I'd like to see You-ooo-OOO. I'm sure all of the Mascis fans reading this will know which one I am taking about (despite the fact that I don't).

So, I want to rally the troops for a moment here. You see, I ended up picking America Graffiti as my film to review. Someone else took A Clockwork Orange, which, is fine. I have no problems, because Graffiti is a great film. So nix on the whole, "you tell Brock what to pick" idea. However, I did stumble upon this poll at MTV. (This is where you, the troops, the eyes clouded with static, come into play) You see, this poll is set up to help you pick the best band of the last 20 years. They've got a list of 22 bands up that you can choose from. Normally, I'd tell you to spoil the votes and pick Radiohead as the best band of the last 20 years, but they've got some other noteworthy choices on there too. The Clash, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, STP...and so forth. So, check it out, and pick a good band. Keep in mind, good does not denote picking NSync or the Backstreet Boys. I dunno, but it would be cool to see some "non-boy band" accept the vote. Carson will be weeping...

No comments: