Friday, June 27, 2003

Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it.

I think in the long run, most comic book movies are going to transform into deeper, more thoughtful ventures because of the Hulk. Yes, they are at the core of things, action films with big name casts. However, Gabe pointed out that Ang Lee has a track record of artistic films, and it showed big time in the Hulk. He took more liberty with the property and it paid off. Now, keep in mind that Chris Nolan is set to direct the next Batman film, another artistic director. After seeing the success of the Hulk on the first weekend in addition to the hiring of more story driven directors, I think a lot of comic book films in the future are going to be pushing for more thoughtful roots. Good points on it all Gabe. Very good. And hey, longer posts are good; you said we’d be doing fatter material here. Hee hee…

So I’m addicted to Blur ladies and gents, and now I have to go out and buy one of their albums. You see it all started with the song Coffee and TV that Gabe stuck on his mix CD. After listening to that song for a bit I eventually downloaded the music video with the dancing milk carton, a pinnacle that’s only matched in my opinion by the Buddy Holly or In Bloom videos. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was downloading their other songs. I also remembered that they did that crazy stadium song a few years back, “Song II”. However, I was more interested in their other stuff. Anyway, I think I’m going to pick up their self-titled album today. I checked out most of the songs on it and I like it very much.

Check you later!

No comments: