Thursday, August 28, 2003

Hell and Highwater



Come hell or high water I was going to finish that damned trip diary. And now that it’s done, I can get back to posting the usual junk…err...magic. Anyway, speaking of trips, Gabe is on one right now in Colorado. I think he was going to see Radiohead at the Red Rocks too. I’m excited to hear how his trip went.

Last night I went to my first screenwriting class. I liked it very much, although I’m starting to realize how grim my chances are of succeeding as a director/screenwriter. Hopefully, I’ll make some good movies and write some good scripts. I had the plan to use one of my original ideas for a movie as my project in this screenwriting class, but the instructor informed the students that we’d all be tearing into one another’s work and that if we had a project that was equated to “our baby” then we should probably leave it out. So, I decided to write a new story for this class…I pretty much just made something up while I was in class.
The other neat thing about this class is that we’ll bring in pages from our scripts and then assign classmates to read parts of our script. He wants us to get a feel for how our stuff will sound coming out of another person, to see if our dialogue mechanics work. I’m looking forward to that.

Ok, I’m outta here. See you later.

No comments: