Thursday, April 15, 2004

'Dance Hall'?

(More like 'Lame Song')

Today I’m doing a little screenwriting work and contemplating my final projects for this semester. The teacher in digital multimedia introduced my next and final project last night: to create a sonic landscape on the computer using purely audio samples. No pictures, no footage, just editing pure, raw audio.

I’ve been listening to Good News for People Who Love Bad News quite a bit, and I have to say I like it. A lot. But I don’t plan on writing a review for it. I think Gabe covered the album pretty well in his review and I agree with his thoughts. For me, it’s an enjoyable album. Whoever thought ‘Dance Hall’ belonged on it though should be shot. I have no idea how you can consider past works, like ‘Wild Pack of Family Dogs’ or ‘Doing the Cockroach’ and say to yourself, ‘Yeah, Dance Hall is a worthy addition to our catalogue.’

That being said, I do want to write something up about the album in the next few days or so. Not a review, but rather a glimpse at some of the lyrics and what could have been.

No comments: