Thursday, July 29, 2004

Dear You

For those of you who have been yearning for a copy of Jawbreaker's Dear You, you can get it as of February 23rd, thanks to Blackball Records. Somehow that passed me by, probably because I already own the album that went out-of-print and became hard to find.

Jawbreaker was a punk band in the early 90s that are now quite influential. I really like to rock the Jawbreaker. The singer, Blake Schwarzenbach, fronts Jets to Brazil and is one of my favorite lyricists. In fact, the title of our blog was lifted from one of his Jets to Brazil songs.

"Dreamed I was a fireman. I just smoked and watched you burn."
"Honey, it's depressing what depression does to some."
"It hasn't been my day for a couple years. What's a couple more? And if I go, don't forget the one good thing I almost did. I learned your name without words."

All from Dear You. He just kept getting better with Jets.

No comments: