Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tid-bits

Long post 'morrow...

-Blogger says we've got 503 posts. Right on! Congrads Gabe! We've obviously had plenty of success with this blog. Thanks to everyone who reads it and comments on it too.

-So Billy Corgan is done with his new album. I hope, hope, hope it's good. I really like the Pumpkins stuff, but I'm not a huge fan of Zwan. He seems really angry as of late (thanks to his ex-bandmates) so maybe this new album will be a little edgier then Zwan.

-Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney are recording an album together I guess. That's neat. I heard they did a song together, but that it was terrible. Still...I got interested in McCartney's songwriting a few months ago, and I know Gabe's a Pet Sounds nut; hopefully this will live up to our tastes.

-So I hear that Josh saw the Forgotten, and he thought the camerawork was a little shaky. Gabe saw The Bourne Supremacy and he thought the same thing. What is it with shaky camerawork and Hollywood these days? It doesn't work folks. I think they're either (a) Trying to get that "indie" look in their films or (b) like Josh said, using the shots to underscore the confusion felt by the story's characters.

(a) Trying to get the "indie" look is a bad idea. Major motion pictures have resources at their fingertips that I'll probably never be able to touch. They should enjoy them and make the movies look good so I have something to look forward to. (b) You can convey confusion in ways less annoying.

-I'm lovin' the new Star Wars DVDs. They're great. Yeah, they are also lacking in a lot of ways, but it's Star Wars. No, let me rephrase that, it's GOOD Star Wars. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are good for fun and all...but the old movies were the best. I'm really glad they're finally on DVD.

-Also, I picked up that Weezer DVD. I hear their new album is "done" as well. Well, done as in the recording is done. Who knows if Rivers will reject this one as well?

-Brock

No comments: