Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Death, but Life As Well

Last week my grandfather on my dad's side passed away. This came almost three months after my grandmother passed. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers several years ago. In recent years he got to the point where he didn't know anyone anymore. It wasn't a shock because he was steadily getting worse. Plus, we knew the move out here would take a toll. And even though he couldn't talk much and appeared not to know anybody, not having my grandmother visiting him every single day anymore, must have also had some affect.

On the bright side of all this, there were three births in the month of April on that side of the family. Our daughter Zoe, of course, born April 12th. Chase (don’t have the last name at this time), born April 1st, and Sofia Loyer, born April 21st. All firsts for the parents. It was quite an amazing thing to have three births all in the same month. Chase and Sofia were both due in May but came early. Chase was induced early due to him having complications that required surgery. That went well and he's home now. Sofia is doing well too.

1 comment:

Brock said...

Once again, I’m sorry for your loss Gabe. I’m sure it wasn’t a terrible shock to see him pass, but a sad event even so. I get the sense that he would have liked to seen the new additions to the family.