Saturday, August 13, 2005

Overtimin' It


It's been two weeks at my new job at the school district and I've been putting in overtime. Fifty-three hours last week. And I get paid for it! Unlike the last place, where I was salaried. Overtime is rare, however, when you're working for the government. It's allowed around this time, since school is starting up and it's hectic.

I'm having fun. I'll be supporting the computers and network for four elementary schools. I like the "getting out and not being in one place all day" thing. Knowing you're helping out the kids, makes it more rewarding as well.

This week is the last for overtime. It is already starting to calm down. Hopefully this will give me more time for blogging. I also have an idea for a short film that Brock and I may tackle. I have to start writing it.

3 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

I've been meaning to ask... do you get Summers off now?!

Gabe said...

No summers, but there are a lot of days off, including four non-paid. We get the whole last week of December off!

Brock said...

You're just like a student.