Thursday, October 06, 2005

The New Storytellers

Just got out of my editing exam a short while ago...man, talk about a toughie. I did pretty well though I expect, so that's good.


I had to add one of my favorite Castro pictures to this post

Josh came over yesterday and we chatted about the Castro Film. A big thing we noticed was how young Castro looked remarkably similar in various facial features to Gabe, particularly the eyes. Physically, we have the look in the ballpark, so it'll be up to Gabe to nail the psychological aspect.

Josh also showed me pictures of the main character. Yes, it is a film about Castro, but there is a protagonist that we see the film play out through. And like Castro, he is also a historical figure who resided in that infamous period. No one we know looks quite like this fellow, so we may have to do some casting and searching for this part.

Anyway, all I can say is, I'm stoked.

10 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

How stoked are you about Making Money Now?

Someone has got to do something about blog spam!

Brock said...

I gotta tell ya, I'm not terribly happy with this spam...

Joshua Provost said...

OK, Brock, some help for you. Check these out:

Word verification: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203
Deleting comments: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1081

Gabe said...

I've added "word verificaton," but it may prove to be just as annoying as spam. Let me know.

Jeremy said...

I was going to post on this topic but I found your word verification too annoying. Too bad.

Joshua Provost said...

Hey, we've got word verification now, too.

Brock said...

It's no so bad.....

Gabe said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys were seriously discussing this as a film! I thought it was more of a "dream project," really. But, hey, I'm all for it! Do I get to smoke some fat cubans???

Brock said...

I dunno...in the picture Josh showed me of the interview Castro was holding one.

(http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKStGeorge1.jpg)

You don't have to smoke it I wouldn't think, but hey, I think you should at least be holding one.

Joshua Provost said...

No joke, man. Here's your screenplay, in a way. The main source material for the second act. I have the full original article coming in the next few days.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/cuban-rebels/2-4-58.htm