Monday, August 14, 2006

Blim-Bloom-Kablaam!

Alright, so a lot of idiots throw together rap crap, and this isn't a whole lot better, but I thought I'd share. It's not too shabby for throwin' it down quick, with Matt tossing up the very first thought of a blueberry pie theme. Matt Turner put down a sample on Pro Tools, he layed down a bass line, and I tapped some keys. And what I dub, The Blueberry Hill Gang (Matt, Brock, Jacob Dutiel, and myself), spit up lyrics. We messed around with Brock's voice and liked his part so much, we ended the rap with it. Download - Blueberry Pie.

(Gabe)
One night I rolled up in my benz to the cafe with some friendz
we was feelin' the hunger, night wasn't gettin any younger
yelled out to the waitress "yo, woman, make us some pie!"
She says "what kind?" We yell out, "a blueberry, a blueberry, blueberry, a blueberry pie
Yo, cold-check, not any pastry will do
it's gotta be a pie and it's gotta be blue
blue pie? You smokin' the crack?
No, blueberry! So, get off my back!
(Matt)
I said blueberry pie, it taste delicious
when grandma cooks it, we don't have to do the dishes
because we lick the plates clean, you know what I mean?
as soon as we're done, it's time for ice cream
rasberries, cherries, forget 'em, all we wants blueberries
all we wants blueberries
(Brock)
Why, oh, why? Blueberry pie, on my mind
eatin' all my time
something scary, it's so hairy
lookin' for Matt's fridge, gotta binge
Gabe's comin' ova, with leftova
my, oh, my, hits mouth so sweet
I swear I could die, blueberry pie, pie, pie
(Jacob, lyrics by Matt)
When I wake I ache for blueberry pie to get baked
so I wait and watch the oven
try to take my pie and a ninja kick is comin'
kick, you slip, my karate chop's so swift
with fury, take you down while I eat blueberries

7 comments:

Brock said...

Horray beer.

Joshua Provost said...

Oh, boy. Give me a couple days to think about this before I post a response.

Gabe said...

Um, there shouldn't be much to think about. ;-)

Joshua Provost said...

No, you're right. I'm just glad I wasn't there or I might have been transformed into a white rapper, too. That would have been scary. You guys were good. Jacob was surprisingly good.

Brock said...

It was just a remarkably fun time...no tremendous thought or planning went into this. If I ended up writing and directing for a living, I think I'd like to make rap songs to wind down at the end of a day.

Joshua Provost said...

White rappers, and wiggers, are people, too
They have feelings, and families, they bleed like you
And when they knock back a six of brew
They white raps about berries blue

Brock said...

You're in on the next session.