Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Saints Come Marching In

So, yesterday was Fat Tuesday. I hope everyone had a safe Mardi Gras. But the saints I was referring to doesn't have anything to do with New Orleans and it's history. I was referring to Joan of Arc. Brock and I, and some friends, caught them Monday night at Modified. I'm not a big fan of Joan of Arc, but I enjoyed their show. I really enjoyed the opening band El Oso Negro. Unfortunately we only caught their last three songs or so because we were all sipping mochas at the Paisley Violin. A good time.

Don't you hate it when there's two good shows to see on the same night? I was hoping to catch Ted Leo & The Pharmacist Monday, the 10th, at Modified. I had forgotten, however, that The Fire Theft will also be playing. It's going to be The Fire Theft, though. Next time, Ted. Next time.

I have a new idea for a blog that Brock and I will work on. Details later.

Oh yeah, before I forget - the top 5. I just haven't been listening to very many albums lately. Not sure why. So, I will do a little something different this week. When ever I get tired of listening to all my stuff and I take a short break, I always find myself listening to Hip Hop or R&B. I know I'm not the only one! So I made a short, five song, CD with Rap songs and I'll just list those instead. I did listen to The Casket Lottery's Survival Is For Cowards and currently have Choose Bronze in the car, however.

Snoop Doggy Dog - Gin and Juice
Dr. Dre (feat. Snoop) - Nuthin' But a "G" Thang
2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up
Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks On Me
Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day

Peace,

No comments: