Saturday, March 01, 2003

Modestly Ugly



We might as well get this post off to a good start with my weekly “listening choice” list…



Clearly, this week’s chart was quite different from last week’s. For starters, Donny Darko toppled Kid A from its spot of prominence, using its own synth music to pass the rainy days. Green Mind fell prey to Failure’s fantastic planet, but the Lord of the Loud saw fit to return the blow with my sudden interest in his new album Free So Free.
But the real winner this week was indie-rock superstar Isaac Brock. His experimental album the Moon and Antarctica hit it big with me this week, but he wasn’t content to let it end there. His side-project Ugly Casanova was the other heavy hitter this week. Huzzah!

So gentle bloggers, all bright-eyed and wistful out there in blog-land, what do you plan to do with your weekend, aside from posting on your respective blogs of course? My parents are going to a little shindig tonight, complete with cocktails and small chat, so chances are I’ll probably go see The Two Towers again. My brothers haven’t seen that yet, and I’d like to see it again. Until later!

Brock

No comments: