Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Frankly my dear...I don't give a damn!



Hey hey folks, how’s it going?

I’m doing pretty well myself, although I’m a bit rained out. Right now in Phoenix it’s overcast and murky, the aftermath of a day of cold and bitter rain. But by no means am I complaining, I’ve always loved the rain, and down here it’s a precious commodity we don’t experience too often.

Gabe, it’s good to hear that things went well! Welcome back! That long drive can be killer, especially going through Texas. I’m glad the car works well, sounds like you had fun. I’ll throw out a new top 5 this Saturday, but I’ll tell you right now that two of the strong contenders are, “Free So Free” by J. Mascis and the Fog, and the Donny Darko soundtrack. The Donny Darko soundtrack is especially moody on a rainy, overcast day like this.

Brock gets stuck in film classSo, get this…today was supposed to be the first day of a cinema class I enrolled in. My future profession of choice is to be a director, to make films and hopefully, to show up Steven Spielberg (just kidding). So naturally, this film class was a no-brainer choice. As I sit in class the teacher makes small talk with the other students as if he knows them well. This struck me as odd considering that this was supposed to be the first day of class, but I let it go. After sitting through 3 hours of Gone With the Wind, the class finally ended and I approached the teacher telling him that I signed up for his class but that I felt like I was jumping in on a class that was already in progress. Well, apparently, I was. Doh! My class doesn’t start until March 25th. Oh well, I looked at the bright side of things in that I got to see Gone With the Wind. Before now, I had never seen that film, nor did I have the desire to.

Later folks,

No comments: