Friday, May 09, 2003

3.14...



The last film we watched in cinema class turned out to be Darren Aronofsky's neurotic thriller, Pi. I think I should be honest for a moment here; I never really liked Pi. I know that people proclaimed it as genius, a masterwork and a triumph of the Indie-film genre. I suppose the meaning of the film never really reached me; Pi is a very deep, intellectual film. As far as I can remember, I saw Pi before I even seriously considered becoming a filmmaker.

Now however, I really appreciate the depth of Pi, as well as its neurotic visions. Part of my sudden interest may be because the teacher explained many of the confusing points about the film, such as: The goo stuck on Max's computer, the brain and the spirals. So...I'm glad that Pi turned out to be the last film for the semester. It was fitting. Even more fitting is the fact that I only have one paper left to write, and then I'm home free! (For a little while at least...)

Did I mention that I checked out that new Apple online music store? I'm actually impressed; it's a very nice concept and it's well executed. Even more enticing is the large selection of 80's music from groups like Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears and A-HA! With each song being priced at 99 cents, I can finally pick up some of those giddy pleasures. Take On Me, Mad World, Mr. Roboto...it's like stumbling upon some weird, synthetic wonderland. Speaking of the 80's, I'm on the lookout for a Michael Jackson hat for Gabe. Ahh-heeee-heee-heee! Thrillah!

No comments: