Monday, May 05, 2003

Xpressive



I think it’s safe to say that the new X-Men movie was pretty enjoyable. I definitely liked it more then I thought I would, which, is always a good thing. Heck, I even saw it twice…my friend Marco and I saw it on Saturday night. Stacked up against the other Marvel Comics movies I can honestly say that I like this one enough to place it second only to Spider-Man. The characters were interesting, well developed and accurately played. Still, the best part of the whole movie is in my opinion Magneto. Talk about priceless villainy. With both Gandalf and Magneto under his hat Ian McKellen has easily grown to be one of my favorite "geek-actors". Of course, I do have a few grips to mention, one being Rogue’s accent. The second time I saw the film I was trying to guess where Anna Paquin was trying to pull off the Southern accent and in which scenes she simply neglected to even bother. Fine, accent or no accent, just stop switching between.

No comments: