Friday, May 16, 2003

Silly rabbit, Matrix is for kids?



I feel I need another viewing of The Matrix Reloaded before giving a detailed review. But here's what I can say for now:

I immensely enjoyed this movie. Its entertainment factor is sky-high. But was it good? I think so. I may need to see it again so I can concentrate on the story side. Recently I read someone’s comments on the first Matrix. This person mentioned that when he saw it the second time, after the “wow” factor wore off, he was able to see it for what it really was – an eye candy movie with a shallow story line. I disagree. I’ve seen the first Matrix numerous times and I continue to be marveled by the entire movie. While the concept is complex, I would have to agree that its presentation on screen is more palatable.

Did the story become even more thinned out in this sequel? On the first viewing, it appears that it may have. Any philosophical discussions between characters were quite short and the dialogue was very fast paced, as if they were trying to avoid time for the audience to ponder, and perhaps find any discrepancies.

The Matrix Reloaded was the first half of a whole movie. Maybe the story will come to play in the second half, which is Matrix Revolutions. Overall, though, it was a good time and still leaves you thinking.

No comments: