Monday, May 12, 2003

Walking on Moonbeams



Yeah, I'm glad I came around to it too. I think it helped to understand some of the film's key elements. Still, I always loved speculating upon the film, and I still do. Fibonacci was talked about in Dark City? Did that have something to do with the creepy aliens drawing spirals everywhere they went?

I tell you, that Killing a Camera DVD is going to be awesome. It'll be like visiting an old stomping ground, not just for the band, but for many of its fans too. I'm really looking forward to the band's commentary and the disc's full copy of the Metro show. If you're a big Braid fan then I suggest you check it out; it'll be something to see.

Speaking of revisiting old stomping grounds, I borrowed Hum's Electra 2000 from Gabe. That's the one Hum CD that I don't own; I have both You'd Prefer an Astronaut and Downward is Heavenward, but I'd forgotten how great Electra is. Pewter, Winder and Diffuse have to be three of my favorite songs...period.

So, I finished that mix CD, sort of. I need to listen to it a few times, but here's the final tracklisting for Alex's superfantabular Mix-Album:


  • 2+2=5 ~ Radiohead

  • Sinatra ~ The Fire Theft

  • If That's How It's Gotta Be ~ J. Mascis and the Fog

  • The Dream ~ Audio Learning Center

  • Apocolypce WOW! ~ Reggie and the Full Effect

  • Karate Chops for Everyone But Us... ~ Piebald

  • Politik ~ Coldplay

  • Of A Broken Heart ~ Zwan

  • Cold Heart of Stone ~ Frank Black and the Catholics

  • Little One ~ Beck

  • I Am the Walrus ~ The Beatles

  • Wrong Side of the Tracks ~ Strung Out

  • Under Pressure ` The Casket Lottery and Small Brown Bike

  • Chinatown ~ Jets to Brazil

  • Fog ~ Radiohead


TTFN!
(Ta Ta For Now)

-Brock

No comments: