Friday, February 13, 2004

Prove me wrong Willy Wonka, prove me wrong

I hope you guys have a good time in Flagstaff.

Yeah, the Edward Scissorhands DVD is a good buy. It’s got a Burton-Elfman commentary, but other then that it’s not heavily laden with features. But that’s not the point really; it’s simply an amazing movie. Burton has other ‘masterworks’ but Edward Scissorhands takes the cake.

You’ll have to tell me how that Talking Heads film is. I’m not too familiar with the band, but I know that they were supposed to be pretty good. I should probably check that out for myself though.

I purchased Grandaddy’s latest effort ‘Sumday’ today. I’m still listening to it and trying to decide where it fits in with ‘The Sohptware Slump’, so I’ll hold back any premature comments. I’ve been intrigued by them lately though. At least I’ve taken the precaution of not seeing them live with The Fire Theft and having no knowledge of their work.

No comments: