Monday, February 16, 2004

Playwriting

Today marks the one-year anniversary of Eyes Like Static. I gotta admit, it kind of crept up on me. A year flies by just like that. When I realized that the one-year anniversary was coming up, I promised myself that I wouldn’t write an obscenely long post to mark the occasion.
In retrospect, I wondered just what it was that empowered me to create an online blog and stick with it for more then a week. I concluded that it was a number of things. For one, the imaginary readers helps me to believe that somewhere out there someone checks our blog regularly to see if we’ve put up a ‘new post’. Moreover, my love and interest in music and the many other topics we discuss here has enabled me to find a forum to express my thoughts and feelings regarding these great entertainment mediums. But most of all, this blog has survived because of its writer Gabe Loyer. Gabe loves music more then I ever could and in turn got me to appreciate it on a completely different level. His enthusiasm for the great bands, music and movies we discuss is the driving force behind our energy. He’s the brilliant actor to my mediocre director so to speak.

Thanks for being there, whoever you are,

-Brock Brown

No comments: