Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Here's to you, Phoenix!

The Casket Lottery has posted some tour dates. Yee haw!! It's a West Coast tour. Is Phoenix on the list of stops? Nope. Yet again, the Casket forgoes Phoenix due to limited support here in the desert city. Oh well, another road trip to Cali!

Man alive, I can't believe we had our one year anniversary on Monday. And I missed it! I'm like the insensitive husband who's forgotten an all important date! A year did go by fast.

Ah, Brock, that's very sweet of you to say! But Brock's the writer here. I too forge on at this here Blog with the thought of keeping all those imaginary readers updated. Even if Brock and I are the only ones ever here, at least we have a place to rant and rave and we can appreciate each others viewpoints.

I am a major music lover. Sometimes, too much, and it irritates the wife. But she gets over it. I guess it stems from an early age. I'd pull out my parents' records and listen to them on my own initiative. It's pretty weird, actually. My parents weren't major music lovers so I'm not sure how it all really started. But I'd often go to sleep with the radio on. It sort of became my security blanket. The habit would continue on to my teens. I'd often put on my favorite CD of the moment, hit repeat, and go to sleep with the album playing all night. I have to hand it to my wife and her brother, Alex, for helping me expand my musical tastes. They only had to throw me a morsel and I ran with it, like a ravenous wolf. I'm glad Brock could share in our musical endeavors also. He too now has developed his own musical palate and has a passion all his own.

Ha, brilliant actor! We'll see about that. Brock will be more than a mediocre director. Trust me. In acting class, we now get to perform a monologue of choice. I don't know if we can do one from a film, though. I hope so.

Happy anniversary Eyes Like Static! If there's actually anyone out there, email us! We'd like to know. There are links at the top, right-hand side.

No comments: