Thursday, February 19, 2004

Here, at the end of all things

Thanks Gabe, that was a great post, man. And yes, he’s right. We’d enjoy hearing from some of you readers every now and then. Don’t be shy.

Anyway, I’m feeling quite productive this week. Every school quarter seems to have a few weeks or a certain period during the semester when it feels like I have to kick into high gear. This week is one of them, as I’ve churned out and shown my second project in class, a simple editing exercise. I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t have enough footage to show to the class however. When I started the project I had plenty of raw footage to edit together, but I seemed to be compiling it at a slow pace. Last night I finished the product with more then enough footage to show the class. Moreover, the class enjoyed the project and the teacher felt it was nicely done.

That isn’t all. Today is it. Today is the day the script ends. I’ve spent all of February working on this thing and it amazes me that I’ve been able to turn around a complete script in a ludicrously short amount of time. That doesn’t mean that it’s a good script, but at least I’ll have something to turn into the Film Festival.

No comments: