Friday, February 20, 2004

Brock H. Brown

Hot diggity dog, Brock! You got that script done with a few days to spare! Phew. Now for some major critiquing and editing. Hand it over!

So, I was teasing my wife Rebekah last night about actors and directors with three names. Brock and I like to throw around intitials like PTA (Paul Thomas Anderson), JCR (John C. Reily) and PSH (Philip Seymour Hoffman). Brock, you should definitely use Brock H. Brown on your script and when you direct movies.

Last night I watched Glengarry Glen Ross on IFC for a few reasons. One, I always heard it was good and have been wanting to see it for a while. Two, I'll be performing a monologue from the play for Acting class. Now I'm set. The movie's pretty much word for word of the play, since David Mamet, who wrote the play, also did the screen adaptation for the movie. The only difference is that he added a character with a short part for the movie.

I received too many signs to do Glengarry Glen Ross. When I came into class Wednesday, I really hadn't chosen a monologue yet. The teacher was going through a students book and mentioned "Ooh, Glengarry Glen Ross would be good for you guys!" So, later I found the play on the Internet and downloaded it. The next night it's on IFC. I also get a magazine that night that has a brief article on...you guessed it, David Mamet. I can't go wrong.

No comments: