Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Madcap Armament

It's almost 1:30 A.M., and I just finished my second full-length screenplay, The Madcap Armament. It's been a productive evening.

Few notes:

-This is the first screenplay I ever started.
-It's about 150-60 pages at the moment. It needs to be trimmed down.
-It's a science fiction.
-I started it in screenplay class with Gabe.
-I may change the title to something like, For Sarah, Always

Just glad to be done with it. That's two massive chunks of work done before my trip at the end of the week. I'm really tired and excited to be done.

That's all. Sorry to take your time.

-Brock

3 comments:

Gabe said...

Congratulations and well done! I feel like I've watched a child (your screenplay) grow. :-)

Joshua Provost said...

Man, good to hear it. You are a busy guy, even when wasting most of the night watching The Subject render.

Maybe you weren't kidding about selling a screenplay to Hollywood!? You should seriously see if you can get an agent. With all the screenplays you have written, short and long, you should be able to land one.

I hope I'll get a chance to read your screenplay. Another sci-fi, very cool. You're getting things done. If I end up going to Boston on business, I'll have to bang out long Leo & short AGTC before I go.

Brock said...

Gabe: You were there when I first began the screenplay...AND, many of the plot elements were changed or created because of your suggestions during that period when I first began working on the story.
So in a sense, you've not only watched it grow, but influenced how it developed into the story it is today. I really appreciate it.

Josh: I am busy, but the best part of the night was watching The Subject render. I'm really pleased with the film.

I'm always joking around, and the chance of me selling a screenplay to Hollywood is truly laughable, but I am going to try.
Typically, to land an agent you must have 2 feature length screenplays written. Now that this one is completed, I finally do. So, at least I meet the criteria for giving it a shot.

I'll make sure you guys read it, heh heh. Yeah, if you do go to Boston, crank those films out. We know a long Leonardo is simply a matter of adding most of our favorite footage back in, but a short AGTC...that will be a true test.