Friday, April 18, 2003

Korgan



Yes indeedy, it was a good show. Personally, I liked it very much, especially since I never got to see the Pumpkins live. It was a new experience, and the guitar playing was pretty great. Like Gabe mentioned though, a whole lot of distortion. You could heard the vocals pretty well and the drums went off without too much of a hitch, (which, made it better to hear Jimmy's fantastic bashin'). Yet, the sound wasn't the best. I hope they improve the Marquee. But it was a good show, and the Marquee is enclosed, so it was an intimate set too.

Yes indeedy, I have seen the new Radiohead cover. I liked it, but it'll take time to earn the same standard of honor beheld by the Kid A and Amnesiac covers. It's cool though, basically it's just a cut-off from a map of the world. The artist, Stanley Donwood, laid those words and statements over the land and geography and then added a bunch of black ink that leads off into the ocean. I guess it's sort of supposed to be a statement on how people's ideals leak into the world like oil from an oil-rig. *shrug*

It's colorful, I'll give it that much.

No comments: