Thursday, April 17, 2003

Mary Star and the Infinite Sadness



So I heard the finished version of the single "There, There" a little while ago. I lost the link however, but they are playing the track frequently on most British rock stations. If you live in England, chances are you've heard it too. Perhaps I will upload it and put the link up later on, like say...tomorrow? That way you can all hear how fantastic it is. I really hope they go to either Phoenix or California, because like Gabe said, we haven't seen them yet. Personally, that's my life goal. No worries on marriage or kids or owning my own business...my life goal reads: See Radiohead live.

Anyway, let's talk about Zwan for a sec. I've been listening to their CD quite extensively in order to get revved up for the show tonight. The venue holds around 900 people, so it should be fairly intimate. I suppose I should say it would be as intimate as you can get when regarding Billy Corgan, a dude who's usually hanging around large arenas and concerts. Now, like I said, I've been listening to the new CD, Mary, Star of the Sea quite frequently, and I'm trying like no tomorrow to get into it. It's not a bad CD per say...it's just not a particularly interesting one. It has an even flow and a smooth pace, and all of the songs, even the sad ones, are innately happy. No more anger, no more sorrow, no more bitterness, these days, Billy Corgan is a happy fellow. Which, unfortunately, leads me to believe that perhaps something is wrong with me and not the album. Am I so darkened to only find enjoyment in the dark and foreboding tunes of Corgan's older days? Do I really have a hard time relating to such happy music? Nah, it's the record. Still, it should be a good show. Zwan may not be one of my favorite groups, but I'm sure they'll be worth it.

No comments: