Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Paperbag writing



First of all, I'm glad you named your post Wattage. It was a play on his name that I was going to use for my own post. Second, I'm not disappointed. Yeah, he sounded like he'd be cool to see, but it wasn't an end-all-be-all show. We'll have other chances to see him in the future. Personally, I'm kind of tired. I don't think I could have pulled the show off even if I really wanted to. No apologies needed bud, I'm on agreement for this one.

Speaking of Radiohead, it's supposed to be Radiohead week on MTV2 or something. I think they're going to be playing all of their old videos (here's your chance to see Karma Police and Paranoid Android) and the new vid for There, There. Those b-sides, Paperbag writer and Where the Bluebirds Fly are decent. I've heard better b-sides from Radiohead (Palo Alto, Fog, The Amazing Sounds of Orgy, Bishop's Robes, etc...). I'm sort of bitter that they didn't put 3 of their legendary unreleased tracks on the single as b-sides, Follow Me Around, Big Boots and Big Ideas/Nude. I remember the band's guitarist, Johnny Greenwood, stating that the There, There b-sides were a special treat that the fans would enjoy. Bah! Thanks for leading us on...

Here's my new "self-pondering" question for the week...guess the next Hail to the Thief single. My money is on 2+2=5 or Go to Sleep.

No comments: