Thursday, August 07, 2003

Fickle

Ok, so I’ve learned that the blog isn’t a fan of tables. My bad. I promise, the next few posts in my little series will have nothing to do with em. Sorry for the distress.

Check this out fans of Matt Groening, DVD’s for his two animated sit-coms are coming out between this month and next month, Futurama Volume 2 and The Simpsons Season 3. As you might know, The Simpsons started to get truly satirical around the third season, and the DVD is proof of that. In fact, some of my favorite episodes are going to be on this third DVD (like the episode where Homer wins an award from Mr. Burns for being sterile from nuclear radiation).
Regarding Futurama, you might also know that Fox sadly canceled the show a short while ago. I guess that’s what happens when the network keeps preempting primetime shows with Baseball games…
Bitterness aside though, the second volume of Futurama looks to be funny too. That’ll probably be my DVD madness for the next two moths. I still need to check out Solaris though. I think Gabe made a wise purchase, and I’ve also been considering giving that movie a second chance. Most likely I was too fickle the first time around and disregarded the film as “stupid” simply because I was overly confused. I do think that some of the film’s shots and ideas were brilliant.

No comments: