Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Culture Shock

I thought that it was time to add some new links to our blog. For one, I added Rocky Votolato. In fact, I’m not sure why neither Gabe nor myself added him earlier; we talk about Rocky as much as we talk about those other bands. So it’s only fair that the man be given a spot on our “column of relevance”.
Under Rocky and the other links you’ll notice that I also created a new link section corresponding to Phoenix events. This doesn’t mean that I’m going to start slapping up links for every Oktoberfest or coffee shop to open in downtown Phoenix, but I do want us to mention important Phoenix cultural events from time to time.
My decision to commit to this happened when I was visiting the link for Lawrence Kansas and I realized that we talk about Lawrence (and its music) on this blog enough that some might think we’d be better suited as Lawrence residents. That’d be nifty, but currently Gabe and I are Phoenix residents and from time to time we also mention Phoenix cultural events that catch our eye. This is just to make it easier for our Phoenix readers (assuming we even have readers in the first place) to check out some of the upcoming shows and festivals for our developing city.
Phoenix has been working very hard to establish a cultural and artistic foundation for itself, and recently a heightened interest in things like the ‘Art Expo’ and ‘The Phoenix Film Festival’ have added a level of credibility to those attempts. And so, here are some links to continue in that effort. I’ll take them down when the Animation Weekend and Film Festival have passed.

No comments: