Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nothing Feels Good Like You...



In honor of Bob Nanna's post on The Promise Ring, my song of the week is from the same band. Great pop emo songs without the pop voice. And Nanna's right, their sound can be heard in bands today, but they're getting it all wrong.

Below are most of the lyrics, which is one line! There's another line I've never been able to make out and can't find anywhere. And no one does "do-do" quite like The Promise Ring.

Red & Blue Jeans
nothing feels good like you in
red & blue jeans and
your white and night things

2 comments:

Joshua Provost said...

Gabe, cool choice. Since you were on the lists back in the day, you probably watched the webcast of the kickoff show of Hum's 98 tour in Chicago (or was it the last show of the tour?) with Promise Ring opening. That was my first exposure to them. When Jimmy Eat World opened for them at Boston's in 99, the might as well not have taken the stage, because they couldn't match JEW's energy, but I like them nonetheless. Awesome songs.

Gabe said...

I did not catch that webcast. But it's funny we were at that same show, and didn't even know it. I couldn't get into JEW those days, so I was in the 21 & over section waiting for them to get done. I was there for both The Promise Ring and Burning Airlines.