Saturday, February 22, 2003

Gud Lookn'



Ebert and Roper are weird; I just can’t seem to understand their critical system. There are most reviewers and critics that have a certain pattern to the films they like and the films they don’t like. Some review on the basis of good story, others on the basis of good action, and some on a little bit of both. But I can’t seem to put my finger on their critical style…



Personally, I didn’t think that Daredevil was the better then Spider-Man, let alone the best comic book movie since the first two Batman films. (I always gave that distinction to Unbreakable) I’ll have to listen to that review, I haven’t really heard it aside from the comments you’ve told me about.



I think for me X-men looks good because I was so let down on the first Hulk preview. Maybe the Hulk will turn out to be all right, and maybe the effects will improve from the space of now to May, but I’m not going to over anticipate anything. Besides, X-men, Hulk or whatever, we all know what the real heavy hitter is going to be this year.



Enjoy your trip man; I’ll see you soon!



Ok, at this point and time I’d like to try a bit of a segment that I’d like to make a weekly event. Basically, I’ll list the top five albums I’ve been listening to for the last week. Maybe you can gauge what sort of a mood I’ve been in based upon this list, but at least it’ll give you perspective into what’s been in rotation.





See you folks later!




No comments: